Work Visas

This section discusses Non-Immigrant Work Visas for temporary employment in the US. For Immigrant Visas, please see our sections under the “Green Card” category.

What is a Work Visa?

A work visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows you to enter the US and work for a temporary amount of time. It is usually for several years depending on the type of visa. If you are already in the US, you don’t need a visa. Instead, you can apply to change your legal status to receive work authorization. You only need a visa to enter the US.

How do I qualify for a work visa in the US?

To qualify, you must have a job offer from a US employer that is willing to sponsor you. Sponsorship means paying your salary, signing immigration documents and obeying immigration laws. If you are not in the US, you must apply for a work visa at a US consulate/embassy in your home country. If you are already in the US, you may change legal status to receive work authorization.

Can I apply for Permanent Residency (green card)?

Yes. After you enter the US, you may apply for permanent residency (green card). However, there may be travel restrictions after you apply for permanent residency depending on your visa type. Please speak with our immigration lawyers for more advice on this subject.

What types of Work Visas are available?

There are many types of work visas available to persons overseas and in the US. Types of work visas include:

  • J-1 Visa for Trainees and Exchange Visitors
  • H-1B Visa for Professional Workers
  • E-1 Visa for International Trade Workers
  • E-2 Visa for Investors and Essential Workers
  • E-3 Visa for Australian Professional Workers
  • TN Visa for Canadian and Mexican Professional Workers
  • L-1A Visa for Multinational Company Managers, Executives and
  • L-1B Visa for Multinational Company Workers w/ Specialized Knowledge
  • P-1 Visa for Entertainers, Athletes and Artists
  • R-1 Visa for Religious Workers
  • F-1 and M-1 (OPT) Visas for Students for Students
  • H-2A Visa for Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B Visa for Temporary or Seasonal Workers
  • I Visa for Journalists and Reporters
  • O-1 Visas for Persons of Extraordinary Abilities in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics
  • Other visas are also available if you qualify.

If you qualify for any of the above work visas, please call us to speak with an immigration lawyer. Our immigration lawyers will speak with you and discuss all your available options. After your consultation, our immigration lawyers will help you choose the right work visa for you and guide you through the entire process step-by-step from start to finish.

Contact Us

1 Step 1
First Name
Last Name
0 /
powered by FormCraft