If you are looking to qualify for a United States Green Card through investment, there is no better place to help you than ALG Lawyers.
EB-5 Investor Green Cards are granted to those who can invest either $500,000 in a regional center or $1 million in any US industry. You can apply from abroad or from within the United States.
Our immigration attorneys are experts in the EB-5 category and will guide you through the process step-by-step.
We can provide:
- Highly competitive pricing—the best rates available
- The opportunity to work directly with reputable Regional Centers
- An in-person first consultation
From start to finish, we will walk you through the entire process of your EB-5 investment. We will help you obtain your Green Card, remove your conditional status, and eventually apply for citizenship for both you and your immediate family.
The US government encourages foreign investors to live and work in the United States. To become a permanent resident as a foreign investor you must meet the following requirements:
- Invest at least $500,000 in a government-approved regional center; or
- Invest at least $1,000,000 ($1 million) anywhere in the US
About $500,000 investments:
What is a regional center?
- is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved by the government;
- focuses on a specific geographic area in the US; and
- seeks to promote economic growth through increased export sales, improved regional productivity, creation of new jobs, and increased domestic capital investment.
In simpler terms, a regional center is a company usually located in an economically underdeveloped region in the US that has been found by the government to be in need of financial investment for the promotion of growth and jobs.
What are the advantages of investing in a regional center?
Some advantages include the following:
- No need to actively manage the company or investment.
- Your investment is assumed to have created at least 10 additional jobs. (A requirement for $1 million investments.)
- You invest less money. You only need to invest half the usual $1 million investment needed for permanent residency.
- The process is usually simpler and faster because the regional center is already government-approved for EB-5 investors. This means that the documentation for your green card application will be ready faster and you will become a permanent resident sooner.
Regional center flowchart:
About $1,000,000 ($1 million) Investments | EB-5 Investors
You can also become a permanent resident by investing $1 million in any industry or location in the US. This option offers the most flexibility for your investment.
How do I invest $1 million?
There are three ways to invest:
- By starting a new business; or
- By purchasing an existing business and restructuring it; or
- By purchasing a troubled business and expanding it by 140% or retaining all existing jobs.
What are the basic requirements?
- Your investment must directly or indirectly create 10 jobs; and
- You must actively manage your investment and business.
What are the advantages of investing $1 million?
- Complete control over your investment and business.
- You choose the type of business.
- You choose your employees.
- You choose the location of your business.
Frequently asked questions about EB-5 Investors and Immigration Law
How do I begin?
Call us and speak with one of our Los Angeles immigration lawyers. Our immigration lawyers are experts in this field and can answer both your business and legal questions. Our immigration lawyers can provide all information and services necessary to maximize your investment and ensure smooth processing for your EB-5 investors application. Our immigration lawyers will guide and advise you through the step-by-step process from start to finish.
Do I have to be physically in the US to invest?
No. You can invest from your home country and enter the US as a permanent resident after your application is approved. If you are already in the US, you can invest and receive your green card without having to return to your home country.
When will I become a permanent resident?
Upon approval of your EB-5 investor application, you will receive a conditional green card that is valid for two years. You must file another application to remove the conditional status on your green card 90 days before it expires. To remove conditional status, you must prove that your investment and business still meet EB-5 investor requirements. After conditional status has been removed, you will receive a new green card that is valid for 10 years.
How long does it take to receive my conditional green card?
From the time of filing the application, processing time at USCIS averages six to seventeen months depending on the number of applicants. If filing from abroad, the immigrant visa process may require, on average, an additional two months.
Can I apply for citizenship?
Yes. You and your immediate family members may apply for US citizenship a few years after receiving your green card.
Contact us today to speak with an immigration lawyer regarding investments in the US. Our Los Angeles immigration lawyers are experts in the EB-5 investor category and will guide you through the entire step-by-step process from start to finish. From creating a new corporation to managing your finances, our immigration lawyers can help. Call us today and invest in your wealth.
Call us at (213) 384-3300 to speak directly with our EB-5 lawyers right away.